- What is Vastu Shastra
- Important Principles of Vastu
- Vastu Tips For House
- Vastu Tips For Children Room
- Vastu Tips For Your Bedroom
- Vastu Tips For Dining Room
- Vastu Tips For Drawing Room
- Vastu Tips For Windows and Doors
- Vastu Tips For Your Bathroom
- Vastu Tips For Guest Room
- Vastu Tips For Your Kitchen
- Vastu Tips For Locker Room
- Vastu Tips For Your Garden
- Vastu Tips For Pooja Room
- Vastu Tips For Over Head Tank
- Vastu Tips For Garage
- Vastu Tips For Septic Tank
- Vastu Tips For Children Study Room
- Vastu Tips For Direction Of Staircase
- Vastu Tips For Colour
- Vastu Tips For Hotels
- Vastu Tips For Hospitals
- Vastu Tips For Factories
- Vastu Tips For Schools
- Vastu Tips For Selection of Plot
- Vastu Tips For East Facing Plot
- Vastu Tips For West Facing Plot
- Vastu Tips For South Facing Plot
- Vastu Tips For North-West Facing Plots
- Vastu Tips For South-East Facing Plots
- Vastu Tips For Career
- Vastu Tips For Happy Married Life
- Vastu Tips For Health
- Vastu Tips For Finance
- Vastu Tips For Flats
- Vastu Tips For Room
- Vastu Tips For Medical Room
- Vastu Tips For Offices
- Vastu Tips For Interior designing
- Vastu Tips For Shop/Showroom
- Vastu Tips For Commercial Complex
- Vastu Tips For Institutions
- Vastu Tips For Movie Halls
- Vastu Tips For Multistorey Buildings
- Vastu Tips For Store Room
- Vastu Tips For Toilet
- Vastu Tips For Hostel
- Vastu Tips For Front Yard
- Vastu Tips For Back Yard
- Vastu Tips For Balcony
Vastu Tips for the Kitchen
No matter if the house is big or small, well-furnished or not, there are three rooms in every house which are important. A bedroom, a living room and a kitchen are the most important rooms in any house. The bedroom is for relaxation and sleep while the living room is a place where family and friends come together and rejoice and the kitchen is the place where food is cooked. No person can cook food in any room as fire is involved while cooking. Kitchen represents fire element and having a good, well-maintained, clean and fresh kitchen attracts Fire God in the house who has the power to burn all the negativity and fulfil any lack in the house.
Vastu Shastra suggests that a kitchen made using Vastu tips brings luck, contentment, abundance and wealth in the family. It is the source of happiness and joy which burns away all the harmful vibrations and evil from the house. Constructing a kitchen according to the rules given in Vastu Shastra has always been beneficial for the family from ages.
Why is it important to construct the Kitchen according to Vastu Shastra?• To evade health related problems like lethal diseases, death, unwanted allergies and illness.
• To stay away from financial losses like bankruptcy, deterioration, etc.
• To steer clear of family disputes like divorce, separation, etc
Let’s have a look at some of the Vastu Tips for the kitchen and invite Fire God in the house:
1. • Location for the Kitchen: Kitchen reflects the soul of the family and forms an integral part of the house. It has the power to enhance the aura of the house if placed in the right corner. The ideal location to construct a kitchen according to Vastu Shastra is a South-east corner of the kitchen. This corner is considered the best as all the elements of fire are governed from this corner. In case, south-east corner is not available; then the next best option is the north-west corner of the house.
2. • Placement of Gas Stove: Kitchen is not called kitchen without a gas stove. It is the place where food is cooked, and the best place to fix the gas stove is again in Southeast direction. The elements of fire placed in this direction works the best that is why it is advisable to cook facing east side of the kitchen.
3. • Placement of Sink and Taps: A sink and taps are installed in the kitchen to make it easy to use water for different purposes. Water is used in the kitchen for cooking, cleaning and washing of dishes. Placing sinks and taps in the kitchen indicate water flow and installing them in the North-east direction and away from a gas stove is the best-suited option. Water and fire are repelling elements and keeping them away from each other are the best.
4. • Placement of Refrigerator: There are two ways to keep the refrigerator, either it can be placed in the kitchen or t can be placed outside in the dining room or living area. In case, the refrigerator is placed in the kitchen; then it should be placed in the south-west direction but keeping at least a foot away from the floor. It is good to avoid north-east direction for the refrigerator as it becomes a hindrance in the kitchen.
5. • Placement of Exhaust Fans and Windows: No room can work without windows installed. Especially when it comes to Kitchen, an exhaust fan and windows are important. One or two windows in the kitchen are must to keep the area breathable and ventilated. The east side of the kitchen is best suited for windows and exhaust fan, and in case there are ventilators installed, the south direction is appropriate.
6. • Placement of Electrical Appliances: A modern kitchen is full of electrical appliances like a coffee maker, microwave oven, induction cooker, etc. When it comes to using electrical appliances in the Kitchen, keeping them in the south or south-east direction is the best. Avoid keeping any of the appliances in the North-east direction.
7. • Placement of Storage: Kitchen requires a proper cupboard and drawers to store grains and spices. Even there must be some space to keep crockery, utensils, etc. that is why southern and western walls are preferred. Avoid north and east side walls.
8. • Placement of Drinking water vessels: Many people use earthen pots, filters and store water in bottles for daily usage. If there is any filter, RO or earthen pot in the kitchen, placing them in the north-east direction is considered auspicious.
9. • The floor of the Kitchen: Choosing the right floor for the kitchen is very important. There are so many things in the kitchen that can create a problem to the flooring. According to Vastu Shastra, using ceramic tiles, mosaic and marble are the best options for the flooring. Avoid using the wood floor in the kitchen as it can be hazardous.
10. • Colour for the Kitchen: A kitchen must be spacious, clean and bright. It must look amazing and fresh whenever a person enters the area. Choosing the colours for the kitchen is a huge task, as they can change the whole outlook of the place. Avoid using dark colours like black and grey for the kitchen as they attract negativity. You can always opt for warm and vibrant colours like green, red, yellow, chocolate brown, rose and orange. You can also make a blend of two colours and create a magical kitchen for your house.
Things to be avoided:
• Avoid kitchen directly under the temple or pooja room.
• Do not construct the kitchen under toilet or bathroom.
• Avoid placing gas stove directly in front of the entrance door.
• Keeping waste material and unwanted items in the kitchen must be avoided. This causes monetary, and health issues in the family.
To summarise, nothing is more important than the health of the family, follow the tips and live a long lasting healthy life.