- What is Vastu Shastra
- Important Principles of Vastu
- Vastu Tips For House
- Vastu Tips For Children Room
- Vastu Tips For Your Bedroom
- Vastu Tips For Dining Room
- Vastu Tips For Drawing Room
- Vastu Tips For Windows and Doors
- Vastu Tips For Your Bathroom
- Vastu Tips For Guest Room
- Vastu Tips For Your Kitchen
- Vastu Tips For Locker Room
- Vastu Tips For Your Garden
- Vastu Tips For Pooja Room
- Vastu Tips For Over Head Tank
- Vastu Tips For Garage
- Vastu Tips For Septic Tank
- Vastu Tips For Children Study Room
- Vastu Tips For Direction Of Staircase
- Vastu Tips For Colour
- Vastu Tips For Hotels
- Vastu Tips For Hospitals
- Vastu Tips For Factories
- Vastu Tips For Schools
- Vastu Tips For Selection of Plot
- Vastu Tips For East Facing Plot
- Vastu Tips For West Facing Plot
- Vastu Tips For South Facing Plot
- Vastu Tips For North-West Facing Plots
- Vastu Tips For South-East Facing Plots
- Vastu Tips For Career
- Vastu Tips For Happy Married Life
- Vastu Tips For Health
- Vastu Tips For Finance
- Vastu Tips For Flats
- Vastu Tips For Room
- Vastu Tips For Medical Room
- Vastu Tips For Offices
- Vastu Tips For Interior designing
- Vastu Tips For Shop/Showroom
- Vastu Tips For Commercial Complex
- Vastu Tips For Institutions
- Vastu Tips For Movie Halls
- Vastu Tips For Multistorey Buildings
- Vastu Tips For Store Room
- Vastu Tips For Toilet
- Vastu Tips For Hostel
- Vastu Tips For Front Yard
- Vastu Tips For Back Yard
- Vastu Tips For Balcony
Vastu Tips for Toilet
A human body is made up of various organs which comprise of many cells and tissues. When a person is studying in school, often teachers teach that a cell is the fundamental unit of the body where life starts. But, when you see a skeleton it is full of organs, various systems, nerves and blood vessels where every organ plays a vital role. A person eats through the mouth, digest via the stomach and excrete through excretory organs for a healthy and happy body. If there is any disturbance in the above process, diseases, infections and problems entering the body leading to medication and sometimes death. Similarly, when it comes to building a house, every room is like an organ having its role and importance. If any room is missing, then house seem incomplete, and people opt for remodelling or renovation.
Well, apart from the bedroom, living room, kitchen and dining room which room is important for the house? Is there any other room that is of utmost importance? Yes, a house must have basic rooms which include toilet and a bathroom. These rooms are used by a person for a freshening of the body, to get rid of toxins and come up with the happy, healthy and peaceful body. Can you imagine your life without bathing and freshening up every day? What if there is no toilet and bathroom, then where will you go for a bath? Well, a toilet and a bathroom in the house is a must, but constructing them in a right manner is also important for sound health, physically and mentally.
Why use Vastu for Toilets?
Vastu Shastra is the ultimate guide for the construction and architecture of houses. It helps a person to construct the rooms using right directions, placements, colours and positions to increase the positive vibrations. In a house, toilets are known to be those places where negative energies live, evil vibrations are found, and unpleasant things can happen. To avoid any problem related to health, happiness and wealth in the family, constructing toilets using Vastu is important.
So, to safeguard your house from negative energies, here are some of the Vastu Tips for Toilets and Bathrooms, let’s have a look and lead a wonderful life:
1. • Location for the Toilet :The right location for the construction of a toilet is in the west or north-west side of the bedroom. If the toilet is separately constructed from the bedroom, then north-west side works the best whereas if there is an attached toilet, then west direction suits well. Constructing the toilet in the south corner is also considered auspicious; strictly avoid east or north direction.
2. • Placement of Water Closet :The water closet is an important part of the toilet, and most prone to negativity. Vastu suggests aligning the water closet to the north-south axis. The best placements for the water closet are in the west, south or north-west direction of the toilet. Also, make sure the door of the toilet is always closed. Keep a check on the fitting of the pot, to avoid any health issues in future, make sure the pot is fixed in such a manner that no person faces east or north direction while sitting.
3. • Entrance for the Toilet :The best option to construct a toilet is away from the room, but if it is attached then it is best to keep some distance in between or a small dressing room to avoid direct link. The entrance of the toilet must be on the east or north wall, one or two feet higher than the ground level.
4. • The flooring of the Toilet :The flooring of the toilet is an important thing to consider. Vastu advises to use marble or tile flooring for the toilet and sloping towards east or north so that the water drains from these sides only. It is said that all the water drained contains toxins, negative energies and evil thoughts and draining them in the east or north direction is considered good for health. For taps, showers, bathing products and accessories, east, north or north-east direction is the best.
5. • Colour of the Toilet :It is often said, what you colour is what you think and become. Similarly, every room has its colour, its significance and vibrations. According to the rules of Vastu Shastra, the colours preferred for toilets and bathrooms are light colours like cream, white, light tones of blue and green, pink, etc. Using light colours bring positive energies, lighten up the minds and are also soothing for the eyes. Avoid dark colours like red, black and grey for the toilet as they easily attract negativity and make the area look dark and gloomy.
6. • Distance from the Wall : Vastu Shastra never agrees on touching the furniture directly with walls. It advises keeping a distance of three inches or more between the furniture and the wall.
• Other Things to keep in Mind:
1. Do not forget to place a small window in the toilet and bathroom. It allows the sunlight to enter the room and brighten up the day. Use east, west or north wall for the window, also you can hang an exhaust fan in the same direction for ventilation.
2. Strictly avoid water closet under or above the puja room, fireplace or bedroom. It is considered inauspicious having a water closet above or beneath the puja room.
3. If there is going to be a septic tank in the toilet, then Vastu advises avoiding south side for the installation of the septic tank.
4. Avoid mirror in the south or west wall. North and east walls are considered good for the mirror but also make sure there is no direct contact of the mirror with the bedroom.
5. If there is going to be a washing machine in the toilet or bathroom, then the best location to place the machine is in the north-west or south-east direction.
Life is too short to live with misery and issues, and one must not leave any chance of risk. Follow the above tips given in Vastu for Toilets and Bathrooms and make your house a blissful place to live.